Re: [idvusers] Has anyone got a nice bundle for Earl?

Hi Rich-

On 9/3/10 1:32 PM, Rich Signell wrote:
IDVers,

Pardon my bandwidth, but does anyone have a nice bundle they've
developed for Earl?
(is there a Unidata place where people post such things?)

I posted another zidv bundle that shows Earl heading toward your house at:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/IDV+Community+Resources/Bundles/Hurricanes/Earl/Hurricane+Earl+-+Sat/Radar/Obs?entryid=e17f5792-1810-48bc-a315-36433abca052

(in the Earl subdirectory of the path that Tom put out).

Also, I've been using the IDV to generate images at the following page:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/monitoring/hurricane/

There's a large 14 day animated GIF showing Danielle, Earl, Fiona and Gaston. Since the Unidata realtime dataset only goes back to the 24th, I had to use the archived data and store the files locally to get back to the 20th.

Don
--
Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES