What version of the IDV are you running? Please get the latest IDV. We had some Java3D related issues recently that were addressed recently: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

I do not know if that will resolve your issue, but I would first start off with that piece of advice.

-Julien

On 10/12/10 12:55 PM, Luis Del Castillo wrote:
I forget to say that in my script.isl I have full path and am using offscreen=
false an it runs pretty good but when I use true with offscreen I got the error.

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaba Bah [mailto:kbah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: martes, 12 de octubre de 2010 01:09 p.m.
To: Luis Del Castillo; idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvusers] isl scripting

Hello Luis,
I am also very new to isl scripting, hence this might not
be of much help, but might be worth a try.

first, try the following:

./runIDV -islfile "full path names/script.isl"

where the full path names points to the .isl file starting
from home.

Also  , tying  using: setOffScreen(1);

where 0 or 1 chooses to turn it on or off.

Kaba

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:46:26 -0500
   "Luis Del Castillo"<luis.delcastillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi fellows am having this error when I am trying to run

./runIDV script.isl

Using the offscreen=true somebody have a clue about it?

Tue Oct 12 12:29:15 EST 2010: Loading bundle:
/home/idv/scripts/xidv/acc72hr.xidv

Java 3D WARNING : reported GLX version = 1.2

    GLX version 1.3 or higher is required

    The reported version number may be incorrect.  There
is a known

    ATI driver bug in glXQueryVersion that incorrectly
reports the GLX

    version as 1.2 when it really is 1.3, so Java 3D will
attempt to

    run anyway.

JAVA 3D: OpenGL 1.2 detected; will run with reduced
functionality

Java 3D ERROR : FBConfig doesn't support pbuffer or
pixmap returns None

DefaultRenderingErrorListener.errorOccurred:

OFF_SCREEN_BUFFER_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating
Canvas3D off-screen buffer

graphicsDevice = X11GraphicsDevice[screen=0]

canvas =
visad.java3d.VisADCanvasJ3D[canvas0,0,0,840x680,invalid]

thanks

Luis Alejandro Del Castillo Riley

luis.delcastillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Soporte de Tecnología / IT Support