Re: [idvusers] BUFR support in IDV

Hi Don,
After a short break I have started looking into this again. Attached two surface SYNOP files in BUFR that load fine in toolsUI 4.2 but not in IDV 2.9u2.

I can open the files in IDV as "Netcdf /Gempak point data files" but when I try to view the data I get the following error:

ucar.ma2.ForbiddenConversionException
        at ucar.ma2.ArrayStructure.getFloat(ArrayStructure.java:1022)
        at ucar.ma2.StructureDataW.getScalarFloat(StructureDataW.java:139)
        at ucar.ma2.StructureDataW.convertScalarFloat(StructureDataW.java:96)
        at
ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makePointObs(PointObFactory.java:1910)
        at
ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.makeObs(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:360)
        at
ucar.unidata.data.point.NetcdfPointDataSource.makeObs(NetcdfPointDataSource.java:322)
        at
ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataSource.getDataInner(PointDataSource.java:1266)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getData(DataSourceImpl.java:2238)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DirectDataChoice.getData(DirectDataChoice.java:332)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataChoice.getData(DataChoice.java:637)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:243)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:207)
        at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.dataOk(DataInstance.java:295)
        at
ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.init(PointDataInstance.java:83)
        at
ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.<init>(PointDataInstance.java:69)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsDisplayControl.doMakeDataInstance(ObsDisplayControl.java:795)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.initializeDataInstance(DisplayControlImpl.java:3084)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.setData(DisplayControlImpl.java:3066)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl.setData(StationModelControl.java:1459)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl.init(StationModelControl.java:463)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1333)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1034)
        at
ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:986)
        at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:911)
        at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$3.run(Misc.java:1090)

Regards,
Reinoud

Don Murray wrote:
Hi Reinoud-