Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 07:46:56 -0700
From: Don Murray <Don.Murray@xxxxxxxx>
To: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvusers] idvusers Digest, Vol 21, Issue 6

Hi Reinoud-

John and I discussed this offline and the problem that the IDV (and maybe ToolsUI) is having is that some of the fields end up as netCDF DataTypes (Sequences and Structures (IDV variables seq1 and seq2) that the IDV was assuming were just plain numbers. John's going to look at whether this is the correct way to handle these, but in the mean time, the nightly build of the IDV should handle these BUFR files now. I just checked in another fix to make it even more robust, so you might want to wait until tomorrow's nightly build. Let us know if you find more problems with these and/or other BURF files that are problematic.

Don