From: idvusers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:idvusers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Whittaker
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 5:21 PM
To: Jim Steenburgh
Cc: idvusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [idvusers] IDV and shapefiles

Jim --

I stand corrected; when I used the data chooser as a "map file" and
pointed it at the ZIP file, it shows a bunch of straight lines -- not
points.  Before I had tried using the .shp file directly -- also, I
was at home without the latest IDV...

Cheers!!

tom

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Jeff McWhirter <jeffmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>        I'd like to include ski lift shape files in some of the products we
>> are generating here.  These are available for the state of Utah at:
>>

>> http://gis.utah.gov/sgid-vector-download/utah-sgid-vector-gis-data-layer-download-index?fc=SkiLifts
>>
>>        However, I haven't been able to get them to plot using the add your
>> own map option or directly via the data chooser.  Is this functionality
>> presently built
>> into IDV?
>>

> I tried out the IDV (the newest version) with the statewide .zip file and it
> loads and displays fine.  You can either load it as a data source or through
> the Map Display->Edit->Add your own map menu.
>
> -Jeff

Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Space Science & Engineering Center (SSEC)
Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS)
1225 W. Dayton Street
Madison, WI  53706  USA
ph: +1 608 262 2759

Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente
Chamber of Commerce: 501305360000

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content
of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by
mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by
return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the
message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.