[idvusers] IDV formulas

Hi fellows

I am wondering which one would be the best way to create a new dynamic formula?
I am trying to design a land slide model using 4 static variables  using  the
method Mora-Vahrson and the equation is  H = (Sr*SI*Sh)*(Ts + Tp) .

Since I start to work with this I just began to create the formula just like
that Formula à New Formulaà (Sr*SI*Sh)*(Ts + Tp) but I just realize that even I
saw and output display the data are wrong  so I start to plot values one by one
first layer Sr second layer SI and so on, then I plot values for the layer H
and the values was not correct.

One month ago I make a post here and Tom Whittaker said this to me "had some
time before leaving to download and look at your files.  The problem is that
the units of the two grids are not compatible".  Said that I create a formula
like this:

(newUnit(Sr, "ries", "R")*newUnit(SI, "ries", "R")*newUnit(Sh, "ries",
"R"))*(newUnit(Ts, "ries", "R") + (newUnit(P, "ries", "R") + newUnit(P1,
"ries", "R") + newUnit(P2, "ries", "R")))

I am wondering how can I create a procedure in jython thinking in the issues
about  the units because I have 4 static layers with units = degrees and one
dynamic = mm

I don't know if I am explaining correctly

Luis Alejandro Del Castillo Riley

luis.delcastillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Soporte de Tecnología / IT Support

CATHALAC