Re: [idvusers] Any ISL examples of long movies?

Hi Rich,

Several years ago, I remember writing an ISL script that used IDV to
> loop through hundreds of time steps of model results (reading through
> much more data than could fit into memory at any one time), computing
> isosurfaces at each time step, and saving the images of the isosurface
> development to create a movie.
>
> I remember this took me a long time, and now I can't find the ISl
> file.  Does anyone have anything similar so I don't have to reinvent
> the wheel again?     I tried looking on
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository  but couldn't find anything
> similar.
>
> You can use the "times" attribute in the bundle tag to define what times to
use:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html

Attached is an example .isl file and bundle that does this.
The trick is to load in your data source to the IDV and, in the data source
properties, select the first time. Do not select the time in the Field
selector when you create a display as this overrides the isl times
attribute. Then create your display and save the bundle.

The attached isl iterates across a set of time indices, loading the bundle
repeatedly with the new time index and capturing the image using the time
index in the image file name.

I've added this to:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show?entryid=d55b69a7-7346-414a-b3e1-ceb59f17673d

-Jeff