Re: [idvusers] launching ISL file from menu bar

Hi Mike,

> I want to create an additional menu bar item or two for some ISL files.  I
> see how to do this, but the examples online show how to use action= to call
> a jython method or an "action".. I'm not familiar with <action>... do I have
> to use this to launch a specific ISL file from a menu item?

Are you creating a menubar xml file or are you trying to add an ISL to your
menu bar like you can add favorite bundles? If the latter than you can't do
that. If you want to hand write a menu xml file then see the attached
example.  Copy it to your ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/plugins directory. The
name of the file should end with "menubar.xml"

-Jeff
<menubar>
  <menu  label="ISL Files">
     <menuitem
       label="Open testitout"
       action="jython:idv.doOpen('testitout.isl');"/>
     <menuitem
       label="Open testitout2"
       action="jython:idv.doOpen('testitout2.isl');"/>

     </menu>

</menubar>