Re: [idvusers] Highest resolution data on clouds

Rich

I'd take a look at RUC and HRRR data to see about higher resolution. I'll see what I might spin up, here, too, and let you know. I might be able to give you something in a couple of weeks. As for the literature review... I've been working on one lately for another project, and would do almost anything to distract myself right now!

gerry

Rich Signell wrote:
Gerry,

I'm really interested in looking at coastal Massachusetts, where
indeed the resolution of NAM leaves a bit to be desired.  I'm not hard
over on NAM -- I'm just wondering how well atmospheric models do with
clouds in coastal regions, and I thought I'd look at models and data
in IDV to get some intuition (as a  more fun prelude to doing a
literature review. ;-)

-Rich