Re: [idvusers] time loop issues

Hi Dan-

On 2/8/12 4:04 PM, Tyndall, Dr. Dan, Contractor, Code 7531 wrote:
Don,

Sorry for taking so long in getting back to you--I've had to deal with some
other things, so this got lower priority. I tried the methodology you suggested
below, but I'm still getting an error:

Creating display: Contour Plan View
java.lang.NullPointerException

I attempted to aggregate by time once more, and I'm getting slightly different
behavior now--the grids are loading, but one on top of another--they aren't
shifting location like they should as the hurricane moves (the shifting does
show up if the grids are loaded individually). I've uploaded the files to the
motherlode server, as 2010083100_earl.tar. It contains 3 forecast hours, which
should be enough to test the time stepping. I've created the NetCDF files
myself, so it is possible that I'm not setting something up properly when I
create the files.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Thanks for the samples. I don't know when I'll have time to look at this (IDV is not my real job. ;-)), but I'll alert the crack IDV support team so they can take a look.

Don

Dr. Daniel P. Tyndall
NRC Postdoctoral Research Associate
United States Naval Research Laboratory
7 Grace Hopper Avenue Stop #2
Monterey, CA 93943
Phone: (831) 656-4054 - Fax: (831) 656-4769 - Email:
dan.tyndall.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx