Re: [idvusers] NPP/VIIRS netCDF in viewer?

Hi Stonie...

These data are not stored in the netCDF file in a manner that is
recognized by the IDV.  The McIDAS-V software, which is based on the
IDV and is also freely available, does contain special file adapters
to work with Suomi-NPP data.  Further information is available from

<http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/download.html>

It is my understanding that you need to have the data and geolocation
files for each granule in the same directory in order to use the
Chooser (which, by the way, the last time I looked was in the "Under
development" tree branch).  Also, according to a post in the McV
Forum, "you can display individual or multiple granules at full
resolution by subsetting the data in the Region tab of the Field
Selector. You can subset a region within the granule with Shift+click
and drag."

Hope that helps...and all is well with you.

tom