[idvusers] 20121026: Color-Shaded Covers Background Maps

Hi Chris,

re:
>I must be missing something here. When I load a model color-shaded plan
>view (i.e. wind speeds), the shading covers the background map borders
>no matter whether I click "bring to front" on the maps. Is there any way
>to make it so that the borders can be seen OVER the shading?

You need to raise the level at which the background maps are being
plotted so they are above the color-shaded plan view:

Dashboard -> Displays tab -> Default Background Maps

Click on the Settings tab and play with the Map Position: either
by moving the slider or typing in a new vertical position in the
entry on the right hand side (followed by pressing the Enter key).

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*