Re: [idvusers] Grid interpolation in IDV

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.  What I am really looking for is a code based
method.  For example, if there was a function, let's call it 'getScalar',
that would, for some plot such as a contour plot on a given dataSet, return
the field value at a given latitude/longitude, as in the following code
snippet:

disptype = java.lang.String("planviewcontour")
dc = createDisplay(disptype,dataSet)
fieldValue = dc.getScalar(lat,lon)

Even better would be to obtain the field value without creating a display.

Cheers,

Paul Graham