Re: [idvusers] [idvdevelopers] 20130307: IDV 4.0 available for download

All,

Just to follow up, I stopped by Kevin's office. To make a long (long) story short, there was confusion with the Java version (1.6 vs 1.7) between the admin user and "regular" user. In the end, we simply edited the runIDV script to explicitly point to the correct version of Java. (The IDV cannot run with Java 1.7 on OS X, yet.)

For those interested in the gory details...

Inexplicably, the admin Java version supersedes the regular user Java, even when installing the IDV in the regular user's home directory. This problem is manifested only when the IDV runs from the icon *not* in the terminal which made this problem difficult to track down. In short, you are not in the same environment when running from the icon versus the terminal. (Other oddities: /usr/bin/java -version returns a different version depending on which user you are.) This was a tough nut to crack.

-Julien