[idvusers] Jython To Read Catalog

Hello!

I'm *just* now starting to explore the jython capabilities in the IDV. I would like to write a script that the user enters a lat/lon and a date/time and from that, have the IDV plot an image for a radar nearest to that point and nearest that time. This would be run headless for web images.

I'm working on a "nearest radar chooser", but the big hurdle I'm facing is: is there a way with IDV/Jython to read and parse the top level catalog

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/nexrad/level2/catalog.xml

or even

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/nexrad/level2/Kxxx/catalog.xml

to get the available dates and times so I could then build the url for makeDataSource?

-kevin.

--
Kevin Manross
NCAR/CISL/Data Support Section