Re: [idvusers] What is the best way to iterate over a 3d grid using Jython?

  • To: Tom Whittaker <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] What is the best way to iterate over a 3d grid using Jython?
  • From: Paul Graham <meteorpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:59:56 +1100
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help.  I figured out a method after some experimentation
and realised I could not use the visad logic.  My algorithm works
point-wise, which requires having to step through each point individually.
Essentially, I modified existing code for substitution, found in IDV's
Jython library:

def wetbulb(temp,dewpt):
   from java.lang import Math
   tempData = temp.clone();
   dewptData = dewpt.clone();
   presData = extractPressureFromNWPGrid(tempData);
   wetbulbData = temp.clone();
   if (GridUtil.isTimeSequence(tempData)):
      for t in range(tempData.getDomainSet().getLength()):
         tempValues = tempData[t]
         dewptValues = dewptData[t]
         presValues = presData[t]
         wetbulbRangeObj = wetbulbData.getSample(t)
         newValues = wetbulbRangeObj.getFloats(0)
         print "Processing wetbulb temperature for time ", t
         for i in range(len(tempValues)):
            if(str(float(tempValues[i].getValue()))!='nan'):
               newValues[0][i] =
findwetbulb(kelvinToCelcius(tempValues[i].getValue()),kelvinToCelcius(dewptValues[i].getValue()),presData[i].getValue())
         wetbulbRangeObj.setSamples(newValues,1)
   wetbulbData = newUnit(noUnit(wetbulbData),'Wetbulb temperature in
celcius','C')
   return wetbulbData

Paul