Re: [idvusers] problem with Height geopotential data base from ESRL-NOAA

Hi Enrique-

On 2/25/14 10:21 AM, Enrique Montón Chiva wrote:
Hi, co-users of IDV. I am using IDV to read data base from ESRL-NOAA
(http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/data.ncep.reanalysis.derived.pressure.html),
but I have problems with height potential data. IDV tries to read data
and it's active but the view never is gotten.

Are you downloading the data and reading it from a local file, or are you going through our THREDDS Data Server:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/thredds/catalog.xml

Is there a particular file that is problematic? I just loaded the hgt.mon.ltm.nc file into the IDV as contours and it loaded correctly.

Has anyone had the same problem? Any suggestion for solving it?

Sometimes there are issues with the contour intervals used for the parameter defaults. I see that with air temperature because the data are stored in degrees Celsius instead of Kelvin, especially for anomalies.

If you can provide the exact dataset and how you are trying to display that, I can look into it further.

Don
--
Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CU-CIRES