Re: [idvusers] [idv-developers] Changes to thredds.ucar.edu

Hi Daryl,

It looks like the name change were due to an update to the NCEP grib tables. We use the grib tables that the centers provide, and it looks like their update included some trivial (capital letters) and non-trival (accumulation time definition) changes. netCDF-Java (and thus TDS) tries to be a "center agnostic" grib reader, and to do that we rely on the tables supplied from the centers generating the products, so when those change, our stuff changes.

The URLs for the netCDF Subset Service did change slightly, and this
was included in the announcement on the thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list. See http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.5/tds/UpgradingTo4.5.html for more details.

Cheers,

Sean