Re: [idvusers] [thredds] Switch to TDS 4.5 on thredds.ucar.edu on June 16

  • To: William Madry <madry@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] [thredds] Switch to TDS 4.5 on thredds.ucar.edu on June 16
  • From: Brendon Hoch <bhoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:35:00 -0400
William,

The DNS refresh worked, thanks for the suggestion.

BH

William Madry wrote:
Hi Brendon,

We noticed this problem yesterday and realized that a stale DNS cache
was responsible for the apparent unavailability of our catalogs.  We
rectified the problem on our end by manually restarting our name
server.  You may need to do the same in order to hit our servers, as
your name server may be relying on a stale cache.

I have confirmed this morning that thredds.ucar.edu
<http://thredds.ucar.edu> (and of course,
thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/radarServer/catalog.xml
<http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/radarServer/catalog.xml>) are up.

Regards,
   Lansing Madry
   Unidata