Re: [idvusers] Point data- poor performance - anyone have experience/solutions?

  • To: Tom Whittaker <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] Point data- poor performance - anyone have experience/solutions?
  • From: Yuan Ho <yuanho@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 11:48:12 -0600
Brian,

    You can check out the nightly release to test the newly added feature
for CSV text point data.
    After installing the nightly release, you can open this slow bundle and
wait for it to finish. Then, go to display control of the point dataset and
set View > Times > Use Time Driver Times, then, you need to reload the file
in the same display control: File > Reload data. I tested your bundle and
the performance is very good.

    When working on the new CSV point dataset, you also need to create the
display first and then set the Use Time Driver Times and reload the data.
This design is not perfect. For the CSV point data,  we don't have any time
information until the user clicks the create display button. Also, this is
the quickest solution I can provide. Let me know if you see any
problem.

Yuan