Re: [idvusers] painting map lines on 3D topography

  • To: Julien Chastang <chastang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] painting map lines on 3D topography
  • From: David Ahijevych <ahijevyc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 15:50:31 -0600
Hi Julien,
In reference to your 3:03PM email about loading the Default Background Maps
as Data Source, that is what I thought I did, but nothing loaded.  No
errors however. A color bar came up with "missing" and "missing" as the end
points, and the display remained blank.

I loaded the Hi-Res US map as a Data Source and used OUTLSUPU as the
MapData.   I tried Geopotential height @ Ground or water as my Topography
(see screen shot). I also tried "topo" .
 [image: Inline image 1]
You're right - - using the default background maps seems to be the obvious
way to do it if I can get it to work. .

PNG image