Re: [idvusers] Point data- poor performance - anyone have experience/solutions?

  • To: Yuan Ho <yuanho@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] Point data- poor performance - anyone have experience/solutions?
  • From: Brian Mapes <bmapes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 22:21:48 +0000
Nice!
What a difference.
Thanks, Yuan.

On Oct 2, 2014, at 1:49 PM, Yuan Ho wrote:

Brian,

    You can check out the nightly release to test the newly added feature for
CSV text point data.
    After installing the nightly release, you can open this slow bundle and
wait for it to finish. Then, go to display control of the point dataset and set
View > Times > Use Time Driver Times, then, you need to reload the file in the
same display control: File > Reload data. I tested your bundle and the
performance is very good.

    When working on the new CSV point dataset, you also need to create the
display first and then set the Use Time Driver Times and reload the data. This
design is not perfect. For the CSV point data,  we don't have any time
information until the user clicks the create display button. Also, this is the
quickest solution I can provide. Let me know if you see any
problem.

Yuan

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Tom Whittaker