Re: [idvusers] painting map lines on 3D topography

  • To: David P Dempsey <dempsey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] painting map lines on 3D topography
  • From: Yuan Ho <yuanho@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 16:51:10 -0600
Dave,
        Yes, there is matching issue when creating the 3D map. If the grid
is (y,x) and the map is (x,y), you will see the problem. But, the IDV does
have a solution for you. When selecting the topography field, you should
select
Formula > Define a grid diagnostic, and then enter
"GridUtil.swapLatLon(a)", then, enter the topography field which is
2D grid > Mass > Geopotential height @ ground, ...... after swapping, you
should get the corrected 3D map.

Yuan