Re: [idvusers] making WRF output CF compliant

  • To: "Tyle, Kevin R" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] making WRF output CF compliant
  • From: David Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:21:34 -0700
The NCL error messages all stem from the fact that NCL cannot find the
internal data files it needs to run. What you need to do depends on
where these auxiliary files were installed. Normally the are installed
in a subdirectory of the 'lib' directory.
Based on the path to your NCL executable, /usr/local/bin/NCL/bin/ncl,
look in  /usr/local/bin/NCL/.
If you find a 'lib' directory there, it should have a subdirectory
called 'ncarg'. Set the environment variable NCARG_ROOT to
/usr/local/bin/NCL/
and you should be good to go.

If instead you find the 'ncarg' directory somewhere else, say
/usr/local/lib/ncarg or /usr/local/lib/NCL/ncarg, try setting
NCARG_NCARG
to that path. If that doesn't work, let us know, and we can definitely
help you figure it out.
 -Dave Brown
 NCL Development team