[idvusers] Display gridded data with different but synchronous time points

Greetings

I am a newby. I would like to display two gridded (GRIB2) data sources. One is
on 3 hour centers and the other is one that I have interpolated in time to 1
hour centers. The files are large, but I can make them available.

After adding the 1 hr file, the time control shows the 1 hr spacing. I expected
that the 3 hr display would only change every three hours, but it changes at
8:00Z instead of 9:00Z, for example.

I can’t find anything in the user’s guide that says this is possible or how to
do it if it is. Is it possible? Will IDV try to interpolate to make time points
line up?

Thanks

Mike