Re: [idvusers] Display gridded data with different but synchronous time points

  • To: Michael Muratet <muratetm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] Display gridded data with different but synchronous time points
  • From: Julien Chastang <chastang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:20:56 -0600
Michael,

Very simply, I think you are looking at the 2D and not the desired 3D
variable. In the IDV Dashboard, Field Selector, make sure you are
selecting a 3D field and choose the level you want.

There is a whole series of videos about the IDV that can guide you
through basic usage that may be helpful.

http://goo.gl/n0Frpb

BTW, there is no need to gzip a grib file. Grib is already efficiently
compressed.

Best,

--
Julien Chastang