Re: [idvusers] accessing NASA MERRA-2 via URL

All,

Here is another way to get at these data. Navigate to

https://goldsmr4.gesdisc.eosdis.nasa.gov/opendap/MERRA2_MONTHLY/M2TMNXSLV.5.12.4/1980/

derived from the URL you provided.

Click on the "THREDDS Catalog XML" link at the bottom which will yield:

https://goldsmr4.gesdisc.eosdis.nasa.gov/opendap/MERRA2_MONTHLY/M2TMNXSLV.5.12.4/1980/catalog.xml

Copy and paste that catalog URL into the IDV Dashboard, Data Choosers Tab,
under the Catalogs node.

At that point, I believe you should be able to load your data.

Best,