Re: McIDAS feed

Hi,

The University's Computer Services department has stopped all traffic
emanating from the Network where the SSEC Data Center's computers
reside, due to a computer on the network being hacked and used for DOS
attacks.

While we continue to ingest, and archive data, McIDAS data is unable to
leave our network.  There is no estimate of uptime at this point.

We will keep you all informed.

Jerry

Robb Kambic wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Currently the main McIdas distribution machine is not reachable.
>
> Robb...
>
> laraine.unidata.ucar.edu.rkambic> ldmping -i 5 -h unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
> Dec 18 15:00:37      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host
> rpc_stat
> Dec 18 15:00:47 SVC_UNAVAIL   9.998044    0   unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
> h_clnt_crea
> te(unidata.ssec.wisc.edu): Timed out while creating connection
> ^Claraine.unidata.ucar.edu.rkambic> ping unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
> no answer from unidata.ssec.wisc.edu

> Robb Kambic                                Unidata Program Center
> Software Engineer III                      Univ. Corp for Atmospheric Research
> rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

Jerrold Robaidek                        Email:  robo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SSEC Data Center                        Phone: (608) 262-6025
University of Wisconsin                 Fax: (608) 263-6738
Madison, Wisconsin

  • Search the ldm-users archives: