Re: Recommendations for Receiving Radar Data

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> There has been much interest in the community about receiving the
> radar data that will become available on January 1, 2001.  We here at
> the UPC are excited about the opportunity to provide that data via the
> IDD.
>
> However, the volumes of radar data are large.  For this reason, it is
> not feasible for all the radar data to be propagated in the usual
> manner.

Anne,

Do you know, or perhaps the sites that are decoding the test feed on
NOAAPORT know, how many radar products (e.g., BREF1/2/3/4, LREF1/2/3/4,
VEL1/2/3/4, etc.) will be available on NOAAPORT?  I have heard that
because of bandwith considerations not all of the 26 or so products
available on the current NEXRAD WSI feed will be present on NOAAPORT.

Tom McDermott                           Email: tmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
System Administrator                    Phone: (716) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (716) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport

  • Search the ldm-users archives: