Re: UIUC is out

At 4:01 PM -0500 8/21/2001, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
UIUC was blown off the Internet at 3:05 PM (20:05 GMT/Zulu), and as of
3:52 PM (20:52 GMT/Z), they are still out. I have switched College of
DuPage to feed from me, and I am now feeding off of SSEC. If
there are any problems feeding from either site, the sysadmin for COD is
out of town right now, and I took care of that for him. So, just drop me
an email. As far as I can tell, everything should now be feeding through
OK to both sites.

While not exactly being "blown off" the internet, which in my mind
invokes something involving fire trucks, our network operations
people report having some trouble with a router that misrouted stuff
to some destinations effectively blocking communications with them.
We seem to be doing OK at the moment.

--
| David Wojtowicz, Sr. Research Programmer
| Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
| University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
| email: davidw@xxxxxxxx  phone: (217)333-8390

  • Search the ldm-users archives: