meteora.ucsd.edu

To all LDM nodes feeding from meteora.ucsd.edu:

Host meteora.ucsd.edu may go down, at any moment, for an unknown length of time. The computer room air conditioning had a minor problem that, when the system was shutdown and opened, revealed an undetected "chilled water line" leak.

Physical Plant Services is working the problem at this time, but cannot give us a "get well" etimate. The temperature in the computer room, which has no other means of cooling, is rising. At some point, we may have to power-down meteora (all other systems in the room are or will be powered-down first) with no advance warning other than this message.

You may want to fail-over to your alternates.

Jeff Weber:

I'll make the changes you requested, but won't implement them until the environmental situation stabilizes.

Larry

-----===(* Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we get. *)===----- Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of Oceanography
      University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California  92093-0224
      Phone: (858) 534-1869 : Fax: (858) 534-8561 : E-Mail: lriddle@xxxxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: