does LDM lock files in transmission?

  Hi all,

  I'm writing an application that will process some real-time data I'm
ingesting through LDM.  This application will run around the clock in
the cron, so it needs to be fairly robust.  Here's my question - say I
ingest a file via LDM.  How do I know that file is complete?  Does LDM
place some sort of lock or other information on the file before it's
completed writing?  If my application tries to access a file that does
not contain all the necessary data (a file that still has yet to be
completely transmitted, for example), then I need to have my application
not process the file.

  Does anyone else out there have experience with this?  I know there's
tricks you can perform, such as checking to see if the file has been
modified in the past 30 seconds before opening, etc., etc., but I was
just wondering if LDM actually places some sort of information with the
file that says "hey, this file isn't done yet".  Thanks for any help!

  Jason

Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                   Research Scientist,
jlevit@xxxxxx             Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
Room 1022                              University of Oklahoma
405/325-3503                           http://www.caps.ou.edu/

  • Search the ldm-users archives: