Weather.admin.niu.edu update

Everyone,

A slow cable link has been patched through to get us back "on the air".
However, pushing a full T1 NOAAport channel through it may not work. So, I
ask that you stay failed over to your backup sites, if you feed from
weather.admin.niu.edu. Full service restoration to my building, according
to NetOps, is scheduled for sometime on Friday. NetOps says a contractor
cut a "400 pair cable", as part of a trunk, in the basement of one of our
buildings. Verizon and the firm who cut the cable are now working around
the clock to restore full service.

I will advise you when it is safe to come back to our feeds.
Unfortunately, we have also been told that this connection will not be
good, in general. So, stay with your backups UFN.

Sorry folks,

Gilbert

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***