FYI

I apologize if you don't want to see this, but I do know this will be of
interest to quite a few
of you.  Sun will begin shipping x86 based machines running Linux, and will
begin
contributing to the Linux kernel.   This is good news for many people, you
can get high-quality, but fast x86 hardware (likely AMD), and Sun can bring
a more professional approach to Linux and solve some of it's stability, NFS,
and other problems.

This is either a response to the uproar over the end of Solaris x86,
believe me there was an uproar, or this was the plan all along.

  • Search the ldm-users archives: