UCAR, FRGP router upgrades, IDD impact

IDD participants,

UCAR and the Front Range Gigapop are in the process of upgrading to
Juniper routers.  As a consequence, we have experienced several brief
disconnects that have not yet negatively impacted IDD product delivery.

Next week, June 10 - June 16, is scheduled to be the concluding week in
the upgrade process, and will include upgrading the Front Range Gigapop
router and switching all Front Range Internet2 participants over.  These
changes are expected to cause some brief disconnections of less than one
minute, with some five minute periods of degraded service.

If all goes well IDD delivery should not be impacted by this
transition.  We will be monitoring the situation.  If you feed from UCAR
and lose your connection for a long period of time, or if your product
delivery is badly degraded, or if you have any other questions or issues
please send email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Please note that this is unrelated to the replacement for our server
thelma mentioned in Jeff Weber's earlier message.  As he said, that
transition should be transparent to IDD participants, although we will
let you know when the change occurred.

Anne
anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307