-----Original Message-----
> From: Gilbert Sebenste
Sent: 8/7/02 5:37 PM

Hello all,

Weather2.admin.niu.edu, and my other machines, are running successfully
on
LDM 5.2 with a patch. We were getting memfault errors with the pqsurf
program that brought down the entire LDM. I've now gone a full 24 hours
on
it with no problems, by far and away the longest period without it
crashing. The patch is a success! I'll monitor tonight and each night
through Friday, as well as this weekend, but it looks like this problem
has been nipped in the bud. BTW, this only appears to be a RedHat thing,

as it doesn't do this on Solaris. Glibc is a little pickier on Linux, I
guess!

And of course, thanks to UNIDATA for the quick work on tracking this bug

down and swatting it!

*******
Gilbert Sebenste
********
Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)
******
Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University
****
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
***
web: http://weather.admin.niu.edu