Re: dcgrib2 is hanging...

Daryl,

I'm surprised that you are just seeing that now. Over the past several
month, I've seen this behavior several times. Because of all the
problems at NCEP, I've temporarily disabled the dcgrib items in
pqact.conf until the data problems get resolved. Fortunately, we use WXP
more than GEMPAK, which uses the raw grib files as they come in. I'm not
sure what dcgrib does to the data other than figure out where things go
in the gawdawful GEMPAK file tree structure, but we certainly have
experienced several runaway dcgrib processes over the past month or two.

Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574

Daryl Herzmann wrote:

> Hi LDMers,
>
> With the recent model data problems, I notice that the dcgrib2 process is
> hanging on machines ingesting model data.  You may want to check your LDM
> ingestor and see if you have hung processes...
>
> On the four machines I have ingesting model data, all four currently have
> hung dcgrib2 processes...
>
> Daryl
>
> --
> /**
>  * Daryl Herzmann (akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx)
>  * Program Assistant -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
>  * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>  */

  • Search the ldm-users archives: