Re: LDM

FYI - You may be aware of this. I am unable to ldmping or ping aeolus since 15:20 PDT yesterday.

Aeolus is back up and running.  The LDM is back up and running.

Due to a "reasons unknown" power failure, all of the systems here in Nierenberg Hall went down yesterday at about 2209Z. I have multiple warning systems that are supposed to let me know when the LDM isn't working properly. When we came in this morning, all of those systems (all of which were on hosts set to autoboot) had not rebooted.

The only system that rebooted properly was the one that is my pop server. If that hadn't rebooted, I would have known something was wrong because I wouldn't have received any email. I always get email.

Physical Plant says a GFI tripped and shut off the power to the building. They have no idea why it tripped.

System seems stable at this time.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Larry

-----===(* Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we get. *)===----- Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of Oceanography
      University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California  92093-0224
      Phone: (858) 534-1869 : Fax: (858) 534-8561 : E-Mail: lriddle@xxxxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: