Re: 20021024: Figured it out...but I don't know why...

Steve,

> Gilbert,
>
> The PIL that is on the line of the product following the
> WMO identifier is supposed to be padded to 6 characters
> to be recognized as a valid PIL, so that other strings like
> "METAR" are not accidentally considered to be a PIL.
>
> The products ASUS43 KCHI which have the PIL identifier
> SWRIL are supposed to use "SWRIL " (trailing space padded to
> 6 characters), however, you are seeing products where they
> have omitted the trailing space, and so the LDM identifier
> used in the IDD does not contain a /p... tag added by the
> pqing ingestor. This means that the way the product is created
> at KCHI has changed. This is independent of the ouput
> I provided you yesterday from my ingestor which does not use pqing.
>
> I can relax the padding requirement of the PIL string in pqing
> to catch the malformed products (at the expense of some spurrious
> 4 and 5 character PILs).

It's apparent that the latest AWIPS build is doing this, as it gets
installed throughout the country. I am noticing more and more of my SWR's
disappearing. For those who have to search using PILs (as a few WMO
headers have as many as 5 different products under the same header), this
is something I guess we'll have to do. Is this a bug, perhaps? And can it
quickly be fixed with a patch?

Internet: gilbert@xxxxxxx    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                 ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: