20021105: SST grib changes

Jim,

The pqing added /m tags for model #44 and SST are /mSST.

For grids 61-64, these are HT[TUVW]A93 KWBC ......./mSST
for those who are receiving the IDD.

If you were using a pqing locally from a pre-ldm-5.1, you may have seen
/m44 instead of /mSST and if you upgraded your LDM (pqing) recently,
you may have noticed some /m tag improvements that were introduced
several years ago (about the time ETA was changing from ETA 89 and ETA 85
to ETA 84.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Jim Koermer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For quite awhile, I was plotting a Sea Surface Temperature grib file
> that contained only data over the oceans and not over land. It was set
> up in global 2 x 2 fashion with grib numbers 61, 62, 63, and 64. It was
> being captured on our NOAAPORT system with a PILS header of /M44.
>
> However, several weeks ago, it appears that UK Met model data had taken
> over that PILS header and now the only SST data that I am seeing is the
> global 4 x 4 with grib numbers 37-44 that can be captured with the
> header, "HT.A88_KWBC".
>
> I'd like to find the 2 x 2 gib files again. Does anyone know if they
> still exist and if so, what is the approrpriate header and/or PILS
> information?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim
> --
> James P. Koermer             E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574
> Natural Science Department   Office Fax: (603)535-2723
> Plymouth State College       WWW: http://vortex.plymouth.edu/
> Plymouth, NH 03264

  • Search the ldm-users archives: