Re: 20030128: FNEXRAD feed

>>From:  "Kevin R. Tyle" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Kevin, Dave et. al.,
>
>>We haven't received any FNEXRAD since 0528 UTC on 25 Jan, now that
>>you mention it . . . hmm, about the same time as the "SQL Slammer"
>>hit . . . :)
>
>The best thing to do when you notice that you havn't received
>data in a particular feed is to:
>
>1) first check ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf to see who you are requesting the
>   feed from
>
>2) use 'ldmping' to see if your upstream feed site's LDM is functioning
>
>3) use 'notifyme' to see if your upstream feed site is receiving the
>   feed it is supposed to be relaying to you
>
>4) if the 'notifyme' to your upstream feed site shows that it is
>   not getting the data you are requesting, send an email to
>   the IDD administrator at that site to see if s/he knows why
>   they are not receiving data
>
>In this case, the problem with your FNEXRAD feed must lie at your
>upstream feed site(s) since the products are still being generated and
>sent to numerous downstream sites.
>
>>On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, David B. Bukowski wrote:
>>
>>> College of DuPage's FNEXRAD feed isn't coming in.  Our NNEXRAD is but our
>>> FNEXRAD isn't.  Has there been any problems lately on that particular
>>> feed?
>>> -dave
>
>Tom
>--
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>* Tom Yoksas                                             UCAR Unidata Program *
>* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                  P.O. Box 3000 *
>* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307 *
>* Unidata WWW Service                             http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

The "ldmd.log" file should be checked for error messages.  Yesterday, I
discovered we had been missing data for a while on one of our LDM systems.  I
checked the log, and saw:

        forn_svc_run: select(5, 4, ...): Bad file descriptor

messages for the sites feeding the missing data.  Stopping and restarting LDM
fixed the problem.

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma