Re: RPC bug

ldm-users,

>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:35:45 -0600 (CST)
>From: Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: RPC bug

> I haven't seen this on on here yet, so here goes: there is a CERT
> advisory, CA-2003-10, re: buffer overflow in the RPC libraries,
> affecting Sun and other vendors. It isn't clear whether there are
> exploits currently, but this may have a wide impact.
>
> Looks like there will be lots of work to do, esp. remaking static
> applications...does this affect the LDM?

The above vulnerability might affect the LDM (it is very difficult to
say with certainty).

I've added links to the relevant CERT advisories to the LDM web-pages.
You can get to them from the LDM web-page:

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm

Follow these links to see the relevance to your system.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson