Re: Testing a script in pqact.conf

Hi Joanne,

How about yet another answer??

It's easy to create a test environment.  Make a very small queue, say test.pq,
then run both pqinsert and pqact from the command line, using the -q option to
both to tell them to work on that test queue.  Then, you can simply delete the
queue and make a new one inbetween tests or use pqexpire to remove products so
that pqinsert will reinsert the product.

Anne

Joanna Green wrote:

> I know this must be a basic question, but I couldn't find it at the UNIDATA
> web site.   When I did a search for test I came up with latest.
>
> How do you test a script that is setup in pqact.conf?  I'm trying to test the
> script, but all of my data has already arrived. I want it to be kicked off by
> ldm.  I've tried pqinsert but it doesn't do anything, or it tells me the
> product is already in the queue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JoAnna Green
> ITO, LOT