Tom Yoksas wrote:

From:  Jared P Bostic <jpbostic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jared,

I've looked through the man pages and doc's re: scouring and, having
not found anything, am curious about the following.  Is there a way
to tell the ldmadmin scour utility to ignore certain directories?

Yes.  You configure scouring by setting directories and file name
masks in the ~ldm/etc/scour.conf file.  To not scour a directory,
simply don't include it in your scour.conf.

In my case, I'd like to keep some case study data in the same directory
as some stuff that needs to be scoured.  Is there a way to tell scour
to ignore something, for example, over a certain age or as listed in
some kind of .ignore pattern action or file (a la CVS)?

There is no 'ignore' pattern, but you can specify a simple regular
expression as the pattern for files you do want to scour.  The files
you want to keep would, therefore, have to be named so that they don't
match the pattern.

Any help appreciated!

Jared Bostic
OCS/Oklahoma Mesonet
Jared P. Bostic
Oklahoma Climatological Survey Operations Center
Email:  jpbostic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
USmail: 100 East Boyd, Suite 1210, Norman, OK  73019
Phone: (405) 325-3231 / Pager: (405) 530-4478
Fax:   (405) 325-2550

* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307 *

  • Search the ldm-users archives: