Re: Weather2.admin.niu.edu Trouble

Hi Kevin,

> This email is directed to Gilbert Sebenste...
>
> I'm having trouble reaching "weather2.admin.niu.edu", and apparently the
> entire "niu.edu" world.  Most of the machines at CAPS, including the LDM
> machines can't reach your site.  I can't even reach you via email.
>
> Based on "traceroute" information, and checking with local admins, the
> concensus seems to be that we are being blocked at a router at NIU.
>
> The machines affected are in the "caps.ou.edu" world, though I suspect other
> "ou.edu" machines may also be affected.  I have no way of knowing.
>
> Please look into this.

As it turns out, NIU was mauled by the "SoBig" virus (some people got over
4,000 emails yesterday) and by the MS worm. They shut off outgoing stuff
sometime, I don't know when or why...I am working on it now. Thanks, and
hang in there!

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: