Re: trouble getting through to weather2.admin.niu.edu FIXED?

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Paul Ruscher wrote:

> Gilbert - I don't know if this will help, but traceroutes from FSU to
> NIU are still horrible...kind of echoes your comments about your
> provider or a weak link in Chicago.  This one is typical of the few
> I've run recently after seeing your other note.  I did this to weather3
> rather than weather2...but it may be instructive.  Paul

Weather3 is pretty bogged down and will be replaced, so that's part of it.
The rest, as you can see, is Level 3 and our bug/virus bandwidth
limitation procedures our IT folks are doing on campus. Our routers
are also limiting ping traffic severely as the Rugby worm bogs down
system with pings, so you will have unrepresentative ping times going
through our campus until further notice.

Hang in there! We've almost got the bug and virus problem quarantined
here.

E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: