Re: FSL2 feed?

We made a change to the FSL2 FSL.NetCDF.NOAAnet.windprofiler
(and RASS) data processing on 9/22 at 14:47Z that I had hoped
would be transparent to y'all.

The change was to stop generating the netCDF files from BUFR
data sent from the FSL Demonstration Division (DD - the profiler
group in FSL) and begin just passing along netCDF files directly
from DD.

The key pattern for these data has changed slightly, which
might account for your not seeing them.  Namely, we have
dropped trailing ".*" from the strings.  However, I do see
that thelma and motherload are successfully requesting and
receiving the data as:

   FSL2  "^FSL\.NetCDF\.NOAAnet\.windprofiler\."

I should also mention that it looks like the units in the netCDF
files have changed slightly... sorry, I didn't catch that before
we made the switch.  I will need to work with the DD folks
to reconcile the differences.

Please let me know if you have questions/concerns.

        Bob Lipschutz
        NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
        303-497-6636

> > Robert Mullenax wrote:
> > > We here at NSBF/NMSU stopped receiving data from the FSL2 feed on 22 Sept
.
> > > Is anyone else having this problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Robert Mullenax
> > >
> > Robert,
> >
> > I had word that they were doing some extended electrical work at FSL
> > today. That might be the problem.
>

> Thanks.   Yes I knew abou that (our main feed was affected also), but this ou
tage
> started before that.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
> >
> > Jim
> > --
> > James P. Koermer                    E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Professor of Meteorology            Office Phone: (603)535-2574
> > Meteorology Program         Office Fax: (603)535-2723
> > Plymouth State University       WWW: http://vortex.plymouth.edu/
> > Plymouth, NH 03264

  • Search the ldm-users archives: