Re: FSL2 feed?

Robert,

I'm not familier with the FSL2 feed, nor have I been following this
thread closely, but I can confirm that Bob's regular expression is what
thelma is using to recieve the data:

request         FSL2 "^FSL\.NetCDF\.NOAAnet\.windprofiler\."    ...

".*" should give you everything on that feed, so I don't know why you're
not getting anything.  However, there's another issue wrt ".*" -
contrary to what one might think, it has been found to be extremely
inefficient and costly.   So, from that perspective, I would advise
using the expression above instead.

Anne

Robert Mullenax wrote:

> That's when my upstream site stopped receiving data as well (Penn State).
> Can someone at Unidata confirm that the request in ldmd.conf
> shouldn't be:
>
> FSL2 ".*" ......
>
> but what is shown below instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Mullenax
>
> > We made a change to the FSL2 FSL.NetCDF.NOAAnet.windprofiler
> > (and RASS) data processing on 9/22 at 14:47Z that I had hoped
> > would be transparent to y'all.
> >
> > The change was to stop generating the netCDF files from BUFR
> > data sent from the FSL Demonstration Division (DD - the profiler
> > group in FSL) and begin just passing along netCDF files directly
> > from DD.
> >
> > The key pattern for these data has changed slightly, which
> > might account for your not seeing them.  Namely, we have
> > dropped trailing ".*" from the strings.  However, I do see
> > that thelma and motherload are successfully requesting and
> > receiving the data as:
> >
> >    FSL2  "^FSL\.NetCDF\.NOAAnet\.windprofiler\."
> >
> > I should also mention that it looks like the units in the netCDF
> > files have changed slightly... sorry, I didn't catch that before
> > we made the switch.  I will need to work with the DD folks
> > to reconcile the differences.
> >
> > Please let me know if you have questions/concerns.
> >
> >       Bob Lipschutz
> >       NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
> >       303-497-6636

> > .

> > > Thanks.   Yes I knew abou that (our main feed was affected also), but
> > > this ou
> > tage
> > > started before that.
> > >
> > > Thanks,