.* was Re: FSL2 feed?

Anne,
     I thought  .*  by itself was OK on a request line.
It was only when the .* is followed by something
(i.e. .*\.windprofiler) that caused performance problems.
(instead of requesting for example .*\.windprofiler
we should instead request \.windprofiler which should
yield the same result)
Is this not correct?
Thanks for clearing this up for me. On some feeds we do request
.* and I want to make sure we're not making inefficient requests...

BTW, our request line for FSL2 reads
request DDPLUS|IDS|FSL2  ^[^a-z]  idd.nrcc.cornell.edu PRIMARY
and fsl2 data seems to be flowing here.

David

  • Search the ldm-users archives: