Re: NEXRAD Level II software

Art-

Arthur A. Person wrote:

I was wondering if anyone is aware of community software that
analyzes/displays the level II NEXRAD data beyond just simple image
displays.  I'm thinking of something more like WATADS or a PUP-like
package.  Or... are there plans for further gempak or IDV development to
provide such?

The next IDV release (1.1b2 - early November) allows the user to create
isosurfaces, volume displays, 3D sweeps, data probes and RHI-type displays
of the Level II data.

We will be adding other capabilities in the future including
cross sections, time-height displays and diagnostic functions.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm

  • Search the ldm-users archives: